Writer Advice Contests for 2020-21
In every contest you are guaranteed feedback from an award winning writer, and you have the opportunity to earn a cash prize.
We’re currently accepting submissions to the Flash Memoir Contest until March 2, 2021.
We’re accepting submissions to the Flash Fiction Contest from April 1 through June 1, 2021.
A flash contest for both memoir and fiction, focusing responding to a topic I will post in late June, will run from July 1 through September 1, 2021. Or it may be a totally different opportunity. Still considering a couple of options, okay?
We’re accepting submissions to our increasingly popular Scintillating Starts Contest from October 1 through December 1, 2021.
Click on https://writeradvice.com/latest-contest-information/on the home page for prizes, fees, and other details.
Please direct all questions, but not submissions, to Lgood67334 at Comcast dot net. Submissions come through Submittable and the link is in the tan box on the home page. We look forward to reading your work.
SHARE A MARKETING SUCCESS TIP:
- Are you a book marketing expert?
- Are you a writer who tried something that worked?
- Do you want to recommend a publicist who helped you out?
This is a great place to share your expertise. Share your idea in a brief query submitted through the Contact box on the home page. If we like your idea and it hasn’t already been done here, we’ll get back to you shortly. Thanks for helping yourself as well as others.
QUALITY, CLARITY, ORIGINALITY, EPIPHANY
Only review books you recommend.
- While balance is good in a review, the ones for Writer Advice should be at least 80% positive.
- Honor the thought, effort, and creativity of authors.
- Write about what makes the book appealing, different, unique, and worth the time it takes to read it.
- Use plot points to illustrate what you say, but do not summarize the plot.
- Reviews should run only 200-300 words since it is 25% harder to read online.