Writer Advice Contests for 2019
In every contest you are guaranteed feedback from an award winning writer, and you have the opportunity to earn a cash prize.
We’re accepting submissions to the Flash Memoir Contest from January 2 through March 1, 2019.
We’re accepting submissions to the Flash Fiction Contest from April 2 through June 1, 2019.
A flash contest for both memoir and fiction, focusing on the moment of a significant change in your life, will run from July 1, 2019 through September 2, 2019.
We’re accepting submissions to our increasingly popular Scintillating Starts Contest from October 2 through December 1, 2019.
Click on Latest Contest Guidelines on the home page for prizes, fees, and other details.
Please direct all questions, but not submissions, to Lgood67334 at Comcast dot net. Submissions come through Submittable and the link is in the tan box on the home page. We look forward to reading your work.
QUALITY, CLARITY, ORIGINALITY, EPIPHANY
Only review books you recommend.
- While balance is good in a review, the ones for Writer Advice should be at least 80% positive.
- Honor the thought, effort, and creativity of authors.
- Write about what makes the book appealing, different, unique, and worth the time it takes to read it.
- Use plot points to illustrate what you say, but do not summarize the plot.
- Reviews should run only 200-300 words since it is 25% harder to read online.