Writer Advice Contests for 2021-22
In every contest you may opt for feedback from an award winning writer, and you have the opportunity to earn a cash prize.
We’re accepting submissions to our increasingly popular Scintillating Starts Contest from October 1 through December 1, 2021.
Click on https://writeradvice.com/latest-contest-information/on the home page for prizes, fees, and other details.
Please direct all questions, but not submissions, to Lgood67334 at Comcast dot net. Submissions come through Submittable and the link is in the tan box on the home page. We look forward to reading your work.
Our Flash Memoir Contest will open at the beginning of January and run through March 2. Share an experience that changed or altered you in 750 words or less. Details will be at https://writeradvice.com/latest-contest-information/ at the beginning of January.
Our Flash Fiction Contest will open at the beginning of April and run through June 2. Share any flash fiction–from contemporary to sci-fi, from romance to psychological thriller, from detective stories to historical fiction. You story should be 750 words or less. Details will be at https://writeradvice.com/latest-contest-information/ at the beginning of April.
Our Flash Prose Contest will open at the beginning of July and run through September 2, 2022. Share any piece of prose–personal essay, memoir, fiction in any genre, genre-bending pieces, or even a piece that’s been submitted elsewhere and rejected. You story should be 750 words or less. Details will be at https://writeradvice.com/latest-contest-information/ at the beginning of July.
SHARE A MARKETING SUCCESS TIP:
- Are you a book marketing expert?
- Are you a writer who tried something that worked?
- Do you want to recommend a publicist who helped you out?
This is a great place to share your expertise. Share your idea in a brief query submitted through the Contact box on the home page. If we like your idea and it hasn’t already been done here, we’ll get back to you shortly. Thanks for helping yourself as well as others.
QUALITY, CLARITY, ORIGINALITY, EPIPHANY
Only review books you recommend.
- While balance is good in a review, the ones for Writer Advice should be at least 80% positive.
- Honor the thought, effort, and creativity of authors.
- Write about what makes the book appealing, different, unique, and worth the time it takes to read it.
- Use plot points to illustrate what you say, but do not summarize the plot.
- Reviews should run only 200-300 words since it is 25% harder to read online.